LAGUNA BEACH, CA — Today, Congressman Harley Rouda released a statement in response to a letter from his opponent, Michelle Steel, expressing concern about ads depicting her corruption.
Congressman Rouda’s full statement can be found below:
“I urge Supervisor Steel to be more specific. Which scandal of hers is she referring to? There are so many; it’s hard to keep track.
Was it giving government contracts to her donors? Defunding oversight agencies that investigated her allies? Or, how about her husband and business partner’s pay-to-play scheme with President Trump and the Chinese Communist Party? Perhaps, when a judge stopped her from destroying public records and silencing constituents first amendment rights? Orange County deserves better than a career politician riddled with scandals.”
Harley for Congress Campaign Manager Alyssa Napuri also commented:
“Supervisor Steel’s vague letter is a poor attempt to erase her scandalous record and avoid accountability. Fortunately, her deliberate attempts to enrich her allies and misuse taxpayer dollars are documented and verified. We can’t allow Orange County’s most corrupt politician to represent the 48th District in Congress.”
A partial list of Steel’s Scandals includes:
- Going after the anti-corruption agency that was investigating her friends, instead of going after the corruption
- Helping the Chinese Community Party get direct access to Donald Trump and the GOP
- Using Taxpayer dollars to fund her political campaigns
- Giving lucrative government contracts to campaign contributors
- Keeping secrets from the public by allowing on the board of supervisors to destroy public records
For more information, please visit www.